Tuesday, May 29, 2012

My thoughts on MIDNIGHT SUN

These are my thoughts on the never-to-be-finished Midnight Sun. I will forever hope Mrs. Meyer will one day finish it. (Also, if you are able to show this to her, please do. I would love for her to read it. Thanks.)
     
     I really wish Stephenie Meyer would finish this. I have one thing to say about that. By you not finishing it, you are giving the person who leaked it the satisfaction of knowing they made you not finish it. That they made you feel terrible. That they stopped the finishing of this book. You are also letting down you dedicated fans who got you here. I wish you would at least TRY to finish it. It has been about four years since the incident. You need to build a bridge and get over it.
        Now onto the partial draft. It was your best work Mrs. Meyer. MIDNIGHT SUN had so much potential to be the best thing out there. I loved reading it in Edward's perspective. I prefer Edward over Bella. If the whole series was written in his POV, I don't know what I would. I would give it five stars. I loved reading those little snippets you posted on your website from NEWMOON in his POV. At first I thought, why would I want to read something I've already read. I know what's going to happen, so why bother. Well, this book was completely different. It's kind of like a behind-the-scenes for TWILIGHT. You figure out what happens when Edward isn't with Bella. The thoughts running through his mind, his emotions, why he is the way he is now. The strength it took him not to bite Bella, why he loves Bella. You see how strong and passionate Edward's love really is for her. It's amazing. You see the things that make him tick, what gets on his nerves.
      Knowing that I will probably never be able to read the whole MIDNIGHT SUN makes be very sad. Just this partial draft, has become my favorite of your works, Mrs. Meyer. I hope you will reconsider continuing it.

       (This was a review I did on goodreads.com. If you want to see my reviews, look for El. I use the pic of the angel with curly brown hair or you can use my email.)

No comments:

Post a Comment