Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Premonition Series by Amy A. Bartol

     Yep, it's that time...Review time! YEah, I know I haven't done a review in a while. I reread the whole Premonition Series. So let's get to the good and the bad.
  
      Good


     Well, in the first book Inescapable, the book has a good introduction. It isn't one of those that you have to bare through the first few chapters. They are enjoyable. Evie is very innocent and naive when the book starts out. Then all this information is thrown on her. Reed, oh Reed, he is one of my favorite characters. Actually, my favorite character is Zephyr and Buns. Poor Russell, Evie no longer wants him as the love of her life. He has done something in their past life that has ruined that. We don't know what yet though. I guess to find out that we will just have to wait until book four. Evie's angel side knows what he did. She can't remember it though. Bartol has come up with some mythical creatures I've never heard of. Vampire Fairies call Gancanagh. (I think that's how you spell that.) Those creatures, or as they pronounce it craiturs, seem pure evil at first, but you find out they do have some good in them. Overall, the series is very good, and I am about to reread it again.

    Bad
  
      This may have been an accident, but there are some parts that are exact copies of Twilight sentences. Like the line when Reed is saying how he isn't used to be able to show his true nature. How he is happy about being able to show someone it. Reed says that after showing his super human speed. Edward says almost the exact same thing when he runs around to open her car door.  Also in the second book Evie leaves him. Edward leaves Bella in the second book too. There are also other lines that are almost the exact same lines from Twilight. This may have been an accident, I don't know, I just saw that. It may now be that noticeable. But I've read Twilight so many times, I can quote it.
         Another is Evie. She starts becoming this whiny little character. Also she does things that are completely idiotic after EVERYONE told her not to. What's with that? Evie becomes whiny and unlikeable. Also, the Gancanaghs are over used. They shouldn't have had her a second time.
      

       The series is good, but it does have it's mess ups. I would give it four and a half out of five stars. I also would recommend this to anyone who loves a good paranormal romance book.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment