Saturday, September 22, 2012

Review - Dark Heroine by Abigail Gibbs



       Today I will be doing a review on Dark Heroine by Abigail Gibbs. Here is a short description done by the author.

        For Violet Lee, a chance encounter on a darkened street draws her into a world beyond her wildest imaginings, a timeless place of vast elegance and immeasurable wealth – of beautiful mansions and lavish parties – where a decadent group of friends live for pleasure alone. A place from which there is no escape… no matter how hard Violet tries.
Yet all the riches in the world can’t mask the darkness that lies beneath the gilded surface, embodied in the charismatic but dangerous Kaspar Varn. Violet and Kaspar surrender to a passion that transcends their separate worlds – but it’s a passion that comes at a price…

This book has to be one of my favorite books I have ever read. I fell in love with the book as soon as I saw the cover. The cover ever hooks you in. 
Now, first the characters: 
Violet would make me laugh at sometimes and make me quite frustrated at others. I wanted to throw my e-reader across the room sometimes because of her. She is so stubborn and would not except things easily. But she had to be my favorite character. The book would not be as good without her stubbornness. Violet had me on the edge of my seat through the whole book. You have no idea what to expect with her, and I loved it. 
Kaspar, Kaspar, Kaspar what are we going to do with you. Kaspar is arrogant, sometimes mean, and his character made me cry. His pain is so heart-wrenching. I hope you know, Abigail, that Kaspar is just how I imagine my dream guy to look. Dark hair, emerald green eyes, and fit. Kaspar had his sweet moments, and when he did you just wanted to go 'aw.'
Overall the characters were well-developed, and are one of the things that made this book so amazing.

The romance:
The King frustrated me endlessly during the romance part. I wanted to scream at him that he was keeping a certain person away from the wrong girl. Ugh! I won't go in to full detail on the romance, because I don't want to spoil anything. The romance was lovely and made me love the book so much more, even if it sometimes it got on my last nerve. (Stupid, Stupid, King.)

Overall this is a very well written book. It is much different than most of the vampire books out there, and I hate when I read the same book just with a different title and character names. I can't wait for the sequel to this book. Keep up with good work Abigail and stay kaspary ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment