Thursday, November 1, 2012

Review - The Mer Prince by Lindsey Owens

      *This book was given to my by the author to review. *

        I found out about this book from wattpad. I was hooked from the beginning. I couldn't wait for updates. She stooped updating though one day saying she was going to publish it. Months later Owens published it, offering to give a few free books to reviewers. I was lucky enough to get picked. My review will contain a few spoilers, but I feel they are appropriate to get my point made.
       The Good
     The books will pull you in. It's as simple as that. I loved the book. I loved the bonds and the romance. Zach and Gabriella's bond was swoon worthy and the best part...until the end.
      The Bad.
     Oh how I do not want to say what I'm going to say. I feel terribly guilty, especially given that she gave me this book for free, but it must be said. There are multiple grammar and spelling errors. I usually don't care about grammar/spelling errors, but it was atrocious. The grammar though could be looked over though. The worst thing about the book had to be the ending. Get ready for spoilers, because here they come.
    The romance was my favorite until the end. She tells him that she wants the bond broken, because she doesn't know if she truly loves him. Completely understandable. Then she never comes back and Zach keeps on loving her. He still wants her to be his even when she is now with some other mer. The worst part is that you know little about him. There was no great love triangle. She was with Zach and in the end she goes off with some random dude.  I hoped that there might be a sequel. If there was I would read it in a heart beat. I would at least liked to have gotten to read more about random guy. I wouldn't have been as angry if Random Guy had been all through out the book. But nope, you get a short little epilogue. I do not think there will be a sequel what with the epilogue, but I hope there will be.
      I do not recommend this to readers who are looking for a romance book. Besides the ending though, this is a great book. If you want a good fantasy book, this is the one for you
       I will be reading some of Owens other books. I don't believe she is a bad writer. I just think that maybe this just wasn't one of her best works.
        I feel terrible for all the bad I had to say, but I feel like it needed to be said. I hope you can respect that. This book might be for others, but it wasn't for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment